Thursday, January 16, 2014

Las Rosas

Yesterday, we had dinner in Las Rosas at one of the best places to get meat (or so David said) on a rainy day, too. We ordered three different pieces of meat... and trust me when I say they are HUGE! They were really good and fresh and tender... Ahhh.. Allen attacked them like there's no tomorrow... Even so, I was definitely stuffed after dinner, especially with flan for dessert. (Tip #4- wear loose clothing to dinner. Buttoned tops may pop as a result of stuffing your face with really good food.)


Today, one of our Base5 students brought treats for the class (oh, God bless their souls...)...
I fell in love with the sweets.. so on the way back to the Residencia, Allen and I stopped by Altesa, a Giant-like market here, and I got a box for myself. Hehe... I'll be munching on these for the next few days. And to think, only 1.79 euro for the whole box!!! No need to even ask me. I will definitely come back for more of these delicious cookies :D

But oh my gosh, how much I adore these students. They're so cool, and I didn't think they would like Allen and me. Until one of them asked us to go hiking with her and her friends this weekend. And the students also said they would take us out next week to Los Pinos. Ahh, I've literally been way overexcited about this, but I can't help it! Did I mention how much I absolutely ADORE these students?! I honestly didn't think they would like Allen and me (okay.. mainly me) beyond the "teacher-student" level of tolerance. But it makes me so happy that they ACTUALLY want to hang out with us outside of class too :3 Ahh... I can't help but be swooned over this!

Okay... moving on from my random and weird fan-girlish moment.. I also found this in the market!
It's a combination of cookie and coffee-flavored cream.. I. LOVE. IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment