Thursday, January 2, 2014

Packing for the unexpected...

As I am packing for my trip to the Canary Islands, I realized that this is it ... Upon my arrival, I'll be among strangers that (hopefully) will soon become friends within the next three weeks. But no more familiarity. This feeling- it is quite strange. A mixed emotion of nervousness, fear, hesitation.. but a strong tint of excitement and frenzy to venture outside of my own comfort zone... I'm not sure what to expect, but cheers!

I think I might have packed a little on the heavy side. I don't understand how it accumulated so much! I intended only to bring a small suitcase but ended up with a pretty large one; and it's getting heavy...

My flight is tonight, and I actually have 2 transfers (one in Frankfurt and one in Madrid). There are two HUGE layovers of almost half a day, but fear not. I'll be prepared with not only one but TWO books! My parents are so worried that I know little to no Spanish at all, and the fact that I'm traveling by myself seems frightful. Despite my reassurance that I can and will take care of myself, I am still their baby girl. I guess this is my chance to prove to them and also myself that I can actually do this. God will take care of me, too. Here's to the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment